New to English Resources
- Dolch Sight Words
- English Alphabet Pronunciation Guide
- Academic Vocabulary by grade level- Start with Kindergarten and work your way up.
- Frayer Model in Spanish to build English Vocabulary
- Google Translate- Click here for step by step directions on using Google Translate.
- Spanish Brain Pop
- Breaking News English- Level 0 readings & activities
- How to pronounce Numbers in English
- Greetings in English lesson in Spanish
- Basic Body Parts video
- Phonics Practice
- Ellis Academics website Site number: 1015321
- Quizlet vocabulary link
- USA Learns
- MobyMax School Name: Cross Creek
- View videos below on various important skills
- Did you know that every letter in Spanish makes it's sound? Some Spanish students may have a hard time because our alaphbet has a letter name AND a sound.
- Acting out the words in a skit.
- Identifying a physical gesture for the word ("opinion" might mean pointing to
- Write definitions of terms using their own words -- in English or in their
home language. Here a a graphic organizer I often use for Science.
- Create a "word chart" that works as a word wall. During the unit, students will periodically note when those words are used, and add new ones that they believe are important enough to recognize and remember.
Research suggests that we need to come in contact with a new word 6-14 times in various contexts in order to truly learn it.
Phonics Song- Learn letters and sounds
Colors- Songs, Chants, Lessons